Tuesday, August 19, 2008

19 August 2008, Hotel Jadran

Lawrence is using the computer upstairs, so I must use the Croation computer which is really confusing. Have not posted on the blog for the past few days because our main focus has been trying to keep these boys reasonably healthy. I think the last post was about the historical tour of the palace. The boys were supposed to go to the beach later that day but opted out because of just being plain tired. They have been having two trainings a day for the whole trip. These boys win the award for hanging in there, training, keeping up good spirits and a sense of humor throughout having the European Crud. You really have to applaud Mark; although he has the Crud too, you could never tell. He jokes around with the boys, works different ways of keeping their spirits up and manages to engage them in games of poker, or whatever. Regardless of Lawrence and my last name, we are not gamblers and do not know how to gamble. A couple of the boys, Ken and Paul, did not want to buy into the poker game that night (a mere 4 kuna=1 $). I told Ken he owed me to play because I bought water for him that day. I owed Paul to play because I managed to lose his Visa Card to get him back in the US. Ken ended up winning 120K; Paul came in second winning 60K. Great investment. And I think the boys had a good time. I will upload images of the game when I have access to my computer.

Again, the boys are, naturally, homesick. There is already discussion about stopping at the Habit or In and Out on the way home.

No comments: